Tags! is the solution I was looking for.

I don't know whether I appreciate more:
  --  Lilypond 
  --  or the community I find here. 

They're both wonderful. Thank you.

I will read the manual 3.4.2.
I will read the manual.

LSR = The LilyPond Snippet Repository (LSR)
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.24/Documentation/snippets/index.html

Thank you.


Be content; it is your birthright.

Peter
[email protected]



-----Original Message-----
From: Kieren MacMillan <[email protected]> 
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2024 13:31
To: [email protected]
Cc: Lilypond-User Mailing List <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: re-use a melody by removing

Hi Peter,

> I REALLY want to be able to re-use a melody while selectively altering parts 
> of it.

I think you should consider using tags:

%%%  SNIPPET BEGINS
\version "2.24.3"

melody = {
  c'2 -\tag #'violin -\downbow g'2 -\tag #'violin -\upbow  es'2. d'4  |
  c' es' d' c' |
  b d' g2
}

{ \clef alto \keepWithTag #'violin \melody }

{ \transpose bes, c { \clef treble \removeWithTag #'violin \melody } } %%%  
SNIPPET ENDS

[Note: It seems like you might also benefit from reading the manuals, 
especially the Learning Manual.]

> turning a melody in a minor key into a major key.

There’s a function out there somewhere to do that — search the LSR, etc.

Hope that helps!
Kieren.
______________________________________________

My work day may look different than your work day. Please do not feel obligated 
to read or respond to this email outside of your normal working hours.



Reply via email to