Op zondag 26 december 2010 schreef Michael:

> I am working on another liturgical piece of music, and it has a refrain
> that ends with the word: Alleluia! In most cases, that word is getting
> scrunched up, and the dashes are not visible. The rest of the piece is
> fine, except for that part. Could anyone help, please? Attached is the
> current version of the file.

Add this:

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \override SpacingSpanner #'packed-spacing = ##f
  }
  \context {
    \Lyrics
    \override LyricHyphen #'minimum-distance = #0.6
    \override LyricSpace #'minimum-distance = #0.6

just below the \include "gregorian.ly" .

The first incantation will improve the note spacing which is changed to the
gregorian default style by gregorian.ly, and the second one forces a minimum
distance between syllabes with and without hyphens, so that they do not
disappear. Of course you can experiment with the vaules.

best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

--
Frescobaldi, LilyPond editor for KDE: http://www.frescobaldi.org/