Hi Werner,

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 12:24 AM, Werner LEMBERG <w...@gnu.org> wrote:

> >> That's effectively what I'm doing.  I'm changing the X-offset
> >> callback because it's only there that the property
> >> toward-stem-shift is read (see scm/output-lib.scm).  The trick is
> >> allowing two different concurrent values for toward-stem-shift: 1.0
> >> for when the staccato is alone, 0.0 when other articulations are
> >> present (like a portato) In my experiment, I simply did what the
> >> engraver does regarding toward-stem-shift.
>
> Thanks for working on this!

My pleasure!  I have something which is almost ready to be reviewed, but I
need to get several patches pushed and into current master first.

> Will this also influence the positioning
> of the end (or start) of a slur?  Since I guess that the answer is no,

Unfortunately, that's a different problem.  Of course, since the patch puts
the staccato dots at stem end, you'll notice a (slight) improvement.  (See
attached.)

I wonder how this could be improved, namely to set maximum and minimum
> horizontal coordinates for slurs that must not be exceeded.

Not sure--I'd need to investigate.  Something ought to be done about the
vertical position, too, of course.  That might be harder.  (I'm just
guessing.)

> > [...] what about changing toward-stem-shift to a number-pair instead
> > of a number?
>
> Sounds sensible.

I'm liking this approach--will be part of upcoming patch for review.

Best,
David