On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 20:31:37 +0200, Alexander Sack <a...@linaro.org> wrote:
> Do we already have a linaro support status for packages implemented? or are
> you refering to the ubuntu style main/universe/package-set support status
> here?

I'm asking both conceptually and concretely.

In theory, how does the support status differ from the support status of
the package? I assume that we wouldn't have a supported hardware pack
based on an unsupported kernel, but would we ever want to release an
unsupported hardware pack containing a supported kernel?

Concretely if we have rules then this could be based on the "Supported"
metadata in the package indices. This is probably not available in PPAs
etc., so may not work, but let's decide if it's even something we want
to do first.

Thanks,

James