On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 11:07:32 +0200, Zygmunt Krynicki
<zygmunt.kryni...@linaro.org> wrote:
> W dniu 17.06.2011 23:50, Zach Pfeffer pisze:
> > On 17 June 2011 11:45, Zygmunt Krynicki<zygmunt.kryni...@linaro.org>  wrote:
> >> Ideally each build would trigger a test to be scheduled, results of each
> >> test should be uploaded to the dashboard. This way we could retain identity
> >> in all participating components.
> >
> > Yeah. Perhaps the android-build should just kick the test off. Is
> > there a simple API to request this? Something like:
> >
> > test(build_url, target, type)
>
> Michael is working on the scheduler. He recently added API for
> submitting a job to the system.

Right.  It's not quite "test(build_url, target, type)" but that sort of
interface can be built on top.

> It's still some time before this can be used in production
> though. AFAIR there is no code that would take jobs and actually ask
> dispatchers to run them.

There is!  I just haven't told anyone about it yet, because it got
written on Friday afternoon.  Look for a mail from me about this later
today.

> > ...and if the target it busy, we just skip the test and provide a link
> > on the android-build site that lets you re-request? I'll file a bp for
> > this.
>
> The scheduler will queue jobs. Once a dispatcher is idle it will simply
> run another test.

Right.

Cheers,
mwh