On 30 August 2011 10:50, Christian Robottom Reis <k...@linaro.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 10:46:55AM -0500, Zach Pfeffer wrote:
>> Because we push everything upstream.
>
> While I agree with that blanket statement, there's no reason we wouldn't
> provide a [potentially temporary] version of repo that included the
> changes we're pushing upstream.
>
> We do this for every one of the components we ship, so I see no
> philosophical reason why we wouldn't do so for repo.
>
> Is there a technical reason?

repo bootstraps itself by syncing the repo guts from google, google
signs the repo guts so that people know that they're using a trusted
source. As our repo in not a trusted source, people may be reluctant
to use it and will instead use Google's version  which won't work 100%
of the time for the reasons already discussed.