On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 3:53 PM, Dave Pigott <dave.pig...@linaro.org> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> On 11 Nov 2011, at 10:56, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
>
> > Hello Dave,
> >
> > On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 10:36:45 +0000
> > Dave Pigott <dave.pig...@linaro.org> wrote:
> >
> > []
> >> look and feel!), we're asking that you hold off submitting jobs to
> >> LAVA until we give the go-ahead.
> >
> > "Hold-off" as in "please don't submit jobs now - they disrupt us", or
> > "if you submit now, be prepared to not get expected results"?
>
> Mostly the first, in that we need a pipeline to be able to submit jobs and
> check them.

Problem is that with CI we cannot really hold off submitting jobs because
that happens ad-hoc when a build finishes.

I understand the need to have a clean lab pipe. However, for that we need
to work on a mechanism that allows you
to put submitted jobs into a queue that isn't processed etc.

Would also be useful to put jobs there during maintenance so the frontend
doesn't fail submitting it's job.

--
Alexander Sack
Technical Director, Linaro Platform Teams