Tom and all,

Thank you all for your input on the desktop background images and thanks
especially to Tom for generating the original images. I am trying to copy
all the people that may have been involved in the various threads about
this.

As many of you know, I have been looking to get images that can be used as
boot, desktop and presentation backgrounds generated so we can use
consistent images. Unfortunately, I cannot achieve that in time for the
current release. I had hoped that with some minor adjustments, we could
take Tom's gimp images and re-purpose them, but after looking at this and
getting input from others, I don't want us to be sending out completely new
"brand" images. For this release, I propose we use something based on our
current material (th pop up banners an existing presentations). This will
be boring, but it will only be temporary and won't send us off in a new
direction.

We can then aim to launch the "new" direction with 12.01 (and then at
Linaro Connect). We will get to this new direction in two stages: stage 1
will be about gathering ideas - like Tom's gimp image and Zach's
porscheeveryday.com. If you have any ideas or examples now, please send
them to me. Stage 2 will be getting a designer to work up the best couple
of ideas. if you'd like to be involved in choosing the "best", let me know.

I have created the "boring" proposal and saved it on google docs:
https://docs.google.com/a/linaro.org/?tab=mo#folders/0B86d5fQjXM3zYTQyNWU1NTItMDI3OC00YjBjLTlmOTItMDYwMTU1MDI0ODI4.
I'd
like to use this for the current release (if possible). There is a GIF
file, a PPT and a PPS PPT show file. The PPS file animates the dots so that
there is an activity scale (wiping in from left to right and repeated)...
If you need this as some other type of file, let me know.

Many thanks

Steve

--

Steve Taylor, Director of Marketing