07.05.2012 09:05, Andy Green написал:
On 04/26/2012 10:49 AM, Somebody in the thread at some point said:
On 04/26/2012 01:54 AM, Somebody in the thread at some point said:

Hi -

Please don't remove your dt bits! Instead let me know when I can drop
the conflicting (== redundant) commits from my tracking-unsorted branch.

It's just that one patch from Grant that sets up the DT machine name
stuff in board-omap4panda.  If it's not intentional you're providing it
I can stick it back on when you remove it on your side.

This happened and I added the support back in OK, thanks.

Thanks!
I'll drop this commit from the tracking-unsorted branch after this long weekend ends (on Thursday). And will move the linux-linaro to v3.4-rc6.

Maybe it's something on my side but I noticed I have android logging
coming on my vanilla defconfig now.  I can force it off in my defconfig,
but I am wondering if that's intentional?

No, it wasn't. In the Android patchset all their new config options are
"y" by default, regardless of CONFIG_ANDROID even. We (well, John
Stultz) have started changing these defaults to "n", and to enabling
them in configs/android.conf (the WAKELOCK ones,
ANDROID_PARANOID_NETWORK, and NET_ACTIVITY_STATS).

Right that's what's needed.  I'll just wait for this to go away as we
track -core then.

Since it's still there in today's llct and making me see double, I
tracked it down to this from Androidization series

109a3af ARM: Make low-level printk work
Author: Tony Lindgren <t...@atomide.com>
Date:   Mon May 9 14:10:26 2005 -0700

I don't think that makes any sense any more and should be removed,
unless there's some case on Android side that really needs it.  Vanilla
has better DEBUG_LL support now since 2005 when that patch was
introduced and the Android kernels will inherit it.  I've reverted it in
my tree since we commonly need DEBUG_LL on (but we don't need printascii
garbling all our logging as if there was an echo in there).

Agreed. A really ancient one.

John,
Are there any reasons for Android to keep this patch?

Thanks,
Andrey

-Andy