On 05/07/2012 02:09 AM, Andrey Konovalov wrote:
07.05.2012 09:05, Andy Green написал:
Since it's still there in today's llct and making me see double, I
tracked it down to this from Androidization series

109a3af ARM: Make low-level printk work
Author: Tony Lindgren <t...@atomide.com>
Date:   Mon May 9 14:10:26 2005 -0700

I don't think that makes any sense any more and should be removed,
unless there's some case on Android side that really needs it.  Vanilla
has better DEBUG_LL support now since 2005 when that patch was
introduced and the Android kernels will inherit it.  I've reverted it in
my tree since we commonly need DEBUG_LL on (but we don't need printascii
garbling all our logging as if there was an echo in there).

Agreed. A really ancient one.

John,
Are there any reasons for Android to keep this patch?

I don't have any particular insight on that one. I'll go ahead and revert it in our tree and bring it up with the Android folks when I try to push some of our changes towards them.

thanks
-john