Hello,

My name is Jiandong Zheng and am working on a few ARM specific projects. I have been using Linaro toolchain coming with Ubuntu to do Cortext-A9 building. I also need to maintain code for old ARM11 SoC so that Linaro toolchain is my preference and it did the job well back in Maverick days if I remember correctly.

However, in Precise, I have troubles running this ARM11 u-boot and kernel built with Linaro toolchain, eventually I found that my old gcc 4.3.2 toolchain can still build workable u-boot and kernel so that Linaro toolchain (gcc 4.6.2) seems the problem. I understand that Linaro's focus has been ARMv7 or above but I am wondering if its toolchain can still be used for older ARM architectures.

Thanks,
JD