A lot of people have expressed concern that the attendance figures at the COA
vary wildly from day today and from month to month and nobody really seems to
understand what volume of people we should plan for. Let me remind people that
the baby boom cohort just turning 70.

Speaking as a person who is about to turn 80, it is often hard to visualize
what’s going to happen to you over the next 10 years. For example, it is hard
to believe that you will ever find a time that you cannot reach your toenails.
Yet that happens! One can spend $60 to go to a podiatrist or $10 to go to the
podiatrist at COAHS. If one member of a long relationship has died, the
remaining member often finds that the help offered with taxes or with choosing
between health plans is vital. I myself have just started to take advantage of
their exercise programs.

The number of people looking for these services is about to expand rapidly as
the baby boomers age. Let’s build for the future, not the past.

Ruth Ann
(She, her, hers)