You are right, I don't know that it would be a project killer. That was
just my non-expert guess. If the town were willing to pay a high enough
rent for community-center space at a redeveloped Mall, I guess that could
work economically from the developer's point of view.

That would still leave the question of whether that is the kind of
community center that we want to have. Space at the Mall is limited, and
everyone seems to agree about wanting to keep as much commercial space
active there as shoppers will support. So my guess (again, non-expert) is
that a community center squeezed into what would otherwise be ground-floor
commercial space at the Mall would be small and dreary, compared to what
has been sketched out for the roomier, greener Hartwell campus (in
addition to losing the cost efficiencies and social benefits from creating
a multi-programmatic multi-generational space, previously discussed).

In any event, the above questions seem relevant only to what one wants to
vote for in 2024, when a final community center plan is put before Town
Meeting, not to the voting tomorrow. Margaret Olson has pointed out in this
thread that where you think the community center should be should be
irrelevant to which HCA option you cote for, since ending up with a
community center in the town center "is equally likely or unlikely with C
as with E, or with any of the D options". I haven't got my own head fully
wrapped around why that is so -- getting dizzy from trying to follow LT
today --  but I trust her to know!

Paul Shorb
(RLF Board member but sharing my personal views here)