The way town meeting is now, you have to be present in the room during the
voting to be able to cast your ballot. Voting happens after the debate on
the topic. When the vote is called, the doors will be closed and only those*
present in the **room *are able to cast a ballot.

It would be wonderful if town meeting were more inclusive in the future,
however that is not how it is set up now.

Sarah Postlethwait
Lewis St