[Adding the Selects directly to see if they would consider]

Why not?

The articles as presented in the Warrant are actually not the vote.
Article 1 (correct clerical error) and Article 3 (Oriole Landing) are 'To
see if the Town will vote...' whereas Article 2 (CC) and Article 4 (HCA)
are 'To hear a report from...' and 'To see if the Town will vote to hear a
report from...'  The vote today for both of these items is not actually an
'official' vote in that we're not discussing budgetary items or making a
zoning change. Both of these articles are reports.  The "vote" is
structured as a sense of what the Town wants to do.  In that case, it's
really just a complicated way to get feedback from the town (and not
binding) and if I'm reading that correctly, that wouldn't follow under the
same voting rules as a typical Town Meeting since the vote is NOT the
article in question.

Given that, it also seems like we could have done this as a register at
Town Hall and pick up/fill out a ballot situation early if we wanted to.

Granted, this would not allow voting in subsequent rounds, but I think
people would be happy to just have their voices heard in the first round if
they could not stay the whole time.

I would appreciate it if the Selects / Moderator would confer with Town
Council.

- Andy

‪On Sat, Dec 2, 2023 at 7:46 AM ‫ٍSarah Postlethwait‬‎ <sa...@bayhas.com>