-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of biju george
Sent: 21 June 2005 07:30
To: Lingo programming discussion list
Subject: RE: <lingo-l> How to prevent copying a file from CD to HD
oranotherCD :: Part2

Hi List,

Thanks everyone for the active mindstorming!!

Actually I want the user to see the work without any
"demo only" message/watermarks.  It should be working
on any date but only from the cd we are handing over
to the user.
Brian pointed out about checking the creation date.
But in todays CD writers we can choose either the
files original date or the date we actually burn it. Also he can copy the files after manually changing the
Date on the system to the original date. So that don't
do.

Its not a demo cd so allowing the program to run for a
selected days/weeks/months won't do much.
Hardware protection will be more expensive and so we
not going for that.

Also we can do this during glass masterting but that
too not viable now.

Its the final cd we are planning to give user.  But he
should not be able to replicate all the files to
another CD. I think I made it clear now.

I know that, there are solutions for this using some
CD writing programs.  They actually do this by adding
another illegal data/track to the cd which is illegal
TOC can't be copied to any other machine but our
program will run ok as it was written on the right
track. Some game develpers are doing this.  But don't
know where to find some guidance.

Regards,
Biju George.