-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mark Whybird
Sent: 21 June 2005 09:41
To: Lingo programming discussion list
Subject: Re: <lingo-l> How to prevent copying a file from CD to HD
oranotherCD:: Part2

Not sure if this will help at all, but discs do have a serial number,
which you can access with either BuddyAPI Xtra's baDiskInfo function or
DirectOS Xtra's dosGetDriveInfo BUT a) it may be copied when a full copy

of the CD is made I think, and b) I don't know how you can get this
serial number in advance of burning your CD (maybe just get it on the
blank CD? I don't know - or it may be a part of the disc image)

-- Mark Whybird

lingo-l@penworks.com  (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]).