>What's better to use WAV or AIF files. Because now I'm using the IAF files
>and I notice that on a PC gaps appearing when it changes from marker or
>from
>dir file. I was wondering if i change them to WAV files it would be better.

The decision for which type of file to use depends on:

* cross platform compatibility

* Xtras or plug-ins required

* Type of capture card

* Type of editing software

* File  conversion capibility

If you are not sure what platform you are developing for, perhaps it would
be better to go for a file format which may be used on more than one
operating system or is supported by the computers that will be playing your
movies such as AIFF.

For the record, Director supports the following digital sound files:

AIFF (for cross-platform use)

WAV (windows only)

MP3

System  7 Sound (Mac only)

Quicktime (sound-only movies)

Video for Windows (sound-only movies)

MIDI

Shockwave Audio

What sample rate were you using? 22.05kHz should be enough because of file
size limitation.

Also,  if play back is jerky, this could be due to both the size and file
type you were using. Internal sound files tend to play back better if kept
short. Long internal audio files have a hard time playing back smoothly
because the entire file is loaded into RAM before it can begin to play, so
Director handles the play back of larger files better externally.

What type of file you ultimately choose depends on your requirements.

For example .wav files are small, internal sound files.
If they are music files, Quicktime or MP3 would be better, for they are
external files.

Hope this helps.

Genevieve