>Do you even need a text file? Maybe it would be handier to stuff the
>whole thing into a database.

Exactly the intent!  Good call ;)   I'm writing this app for a
Sys-Admin...she will write a script that parses the data into her database.
The reason for the .txt file is that the information HAS to be intered by
the reps out in the field....if there is no connectiviy (which there isn't
most of the time), then the data needs to be saved out to a file and u/l
when internet connection is detected.

Of course, if there IS connection, then sending the data directly to the
server would be ideal...good suggestion.

I will check out the Direct FTP, again, thanks.

Unlimited Internet access for only $21.95/month.  Try MSN!