Hello,

I've got an app that has a couple of MIAWs. The main window is a MIAW, and it can spawn off other MIAWs during the course of using the application.

This works relatively well, but we'd like to ensure that some of the windows are 'always-on-top', but still allow the input focus to be in the main MIAW. This seems to work randomly, where sometimes clicking in a text field in the main window will leave the other MIAW on top, but put the focus in the main window. Other times, it doesn't work and the main window is moved to the front.

I've tried checking whether or not secondary MIAW is the frontWindow, and if not, calling moveToFront to bring it back. That doesn't seem to work reliably at all however, as often, the secondary MIAW will be behind the main MIAW, yet still report being the frontWindow. I am able to catch the deactiveWindow messages in that case, but calling moveToFront restores the focus to the secondary MIAW, not allowing the main MIAW to obtain focus in its input field.

Some of these MIAWs used to be LDMs, and I could go back to that, but for the sake of my sanity, I'd prefer to avoid going down that path.

I'm using Director MX on Windows XP. The MIAWs are typically type 2 in authoring mode, and in the projector, I set them to type 2, and then apply a window mask to give them a custom shape.

I spent a good bit of time looking around for docs, articles or sample code for managing focus amongst MIAWs, but didn't find much that covered anything beyond the very basics.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/assistance,

- Bruce