Hi Kristian

> I have a project that uses external casts (I plan to use a
> stub projector in the end), but when I am trying to test the
> project it seems like the projector totally ignores the
> external casts. It works fine if I include them in the
> projector but then the point of having them external kinda vanishes.
>
> Does anyone have a solution or some tips to my problem?
> Authoring-environment works fine by the way.

Make everything external: Create a "stub" movie, with the code:
on startMovie
 go movie "myMovie"
end Start movie

Where "myMovie" is the movie you're working on now...
...And make a projector out of that.

> Question 2: Can I protect my *.cst-files?

There are a couple of ways of doing it, my favourite is to convert them to
shockwave (.dcr for .dir and .cct for .cst). These will behave like normal
files when played within a projector.
Just open your movie in director and hit the "publish" button on the taskbar
(or select it from the file menu). The converted copies will appear in the
same folder as the originals.
You can also go to Xtras->Protect Movies and follow the instructions there,
but then you have to be very careful with backing up your originals.

Karina