On Mar 3, 2004, at 10:03 AM, Kerry Thompson wrote:

I'm trying to get the directory above the moviePath, and my brain is in
vaporlock.

I thought I could get it with pPath = @//the moviePath, but Director is
choking on that, and every variation I can think of.

That's because @/ already IS the moviepath. And the moviePath returns a string with the system's folder delimiters.

If you want to go up a directory to a file, you'd do

@//someFile.txt

...or a folder:

@//someFolder/

Does that help?

Warren Ockrassa | President, nightwares LLC [EMAIL PROTECTED] nightwares LLC | Consulting Programming http://www.nightwares.com/ Author | Director 8.5 Shockwave Studio: A Beginner's Guide Chapter samples | http://www.nightwares.com/director_beginners_guide/