(Sorry for the double post. I didn't realize I had replied with an
inappropriate subject line. In the interest of clean list threads...)

I do not want to start a significantly off-topic thread, but would like some
opinions on the need for Lingo/Director, Flash/ActionScript training. If
anyone wants to respond, but feels Lingo training is off-topic, please do so
off list. Additionally, if anyone (Tab?) feels that any resulting
conversation that does ensure on the list, should be taken off-list, please
speak up.

I do a lot of academic and corporate training around the country. I am
frequently asked about New York opportunities because I am from New York.
Lately, I've been doing mostly academic stuff, which is impossible for
non-students to partake in.

Very shortly, I will be moving my offices and the thought occurred to me
that maybe I could get a little more space that I could do some training in.
I don't want any risk from being saddled with additional rent, so I'm
thinking maybe 10 people at a time? A corporate kind of training, in the
form of one or two 8-hour days, rather than 15 weeks of 2 hours a night.

The question is, is there enough demand to break even? Does anyone have an
opinion about the need for superior training in New York? I don't mean that
as a boast, I mean that I will work hard to offer training that isn't easy
to get. This includes intermediate and advanced training.

I just don't know what the demand is. I assume that if there was enough
demand, someone would be doing it. But there aren't a lot of opportunities.
On the other hand, since I'm not looking to start a new career, maybe I
wouldn't have to run many classes to break even on the additional rent and
equipment leasing. I don't know.

Any thoughts?