This works in Windows, where I use QuitMsg from mediamacros, but I can't find a way to
make it work in OS X. With exitLock set to true, pressing Esc calls up closeRequest
exactly the way it is called up when the user clicks the Close button in the title bar
or the Quit command in the application's system menu or the Dock. As Jeff pointed out,
there's no way to tell what called closeRequest--the Esc key or one of the other
methods.

I'd be happy if someone could prove me wrong.

S.