>Did I guess right? :-)

I don't think you did. But maybe I'm going to guess wrong. If this is
Linked Director Movies we're talking about, you can have an entire
Director movie in one sprite channel. You can almost think of it as a
MIAW, but it layers in with the other sprites. It's quite an awesome
feature.

As for transitions, I feel that it's a small miracle that LDMs work
at all, and I wouldn't be surprised if things like transitions and
tempo channel controls won't work. Instead you want to put the
thinking into the stage movie, and then at the right times tell the
LDM to do what you want it to do.