At 5:32 AM +0000 1/12/01, Yo Gomi wrote:
>Hello Lingo-Ls,
>Could anyone help me? I have a scroll field, which shows the visited marker
>names. (value x, which is the frameLabel.) I want to be able to click the
>names in the field and go to that same name marker. I know how to do
>hyperlink when there are already words inside a field but that I cannot do
>that with an initially empty field... And also how can I highlight words in
>field when mouseEnter? Finally how can I get rid of [ and "" when the list
>appears in a field?
>
>--movieScript
>on countHistory x
>   global histList
>
>   i=histList.count+1 --entry goes at the end of list
>   addAt histList, i, x&RETURN
>   set showHistory=histList
>   put showHistory into field "history"
>end
>
>--frameScript
>on enterFrame
>   countHistory the frameLabel
>end

Yo,

Here's how to take the contents of your list and put them 1 per line
into a field (untested):

global histList
on countHistory newlabel
   append(histList, newLabel)  -- just "append" it to the end
   nItems = histList.count()
   theText = ""
   repeat with thisItemNum = 1 to nItems
     thisItem = histList[thisItemNum]
     put (thisItem & RETURN) after theText
   end repeat
   delete the last char of theText  -- delete extra RETURN at end
   member("history").text = theText
end

Irv
--
Lingo / Director / Shockwave development for all occasions.

        (Over two millions lines of Lingo code served!)