When I use the ilk() function it seems that instances of a parent script
are shown as #instance. Since I have a list where any given element may be
one of three different classes, is there any way that lingo can easily
return the name of the parent script that any arbitrary object is an
instance of?

I suppose I could write a method in each class to return the name of the
parent script. just thought I would check if there is any easier way...

thanks in advance
Ian

--
Ian Jempson