Mmmm,

And like most/many others I already pay a user-pays levy for my visits to the
GP (twice a year) via the Medicare Levy - which effectively increases every
year. And I also pay a private user-pays levy via my private health insurance
... which I wouldn't have entered into if it didn't make sense from a tax/levy
perspective. And now I'm being asked to handle ANOTHER levy of $7 for each of
my six monthly trips to the doctor ... 30% of which is being absorbed as an
administrative fee by my doctor (who doesn't bulk bill and charges about twice
the scheduled fee).

Well, I'm gonna do what the government wants. I'm gonna restrict my visits to
the GP to once every 9 months, and hope that a few others also register a
protest. The GP can do with less of my business, I can do with less oversight
by him, the government makes even more of a profit out of me, the private
health insurance fund just keeps getting its 'money for nothing' ... and
everybody's happy. Hey, it comes off the GP's trade, but he can make a mint
over-servicing all those sick and unhealthy pensioners, unemployed and the like
... Oh, wait a moment.

Well, somebody's gotta pay ... and for me, it's gonna be the medical profession.

Just my 2 cents worth ...
---