At 01:02 PM 7/08/2017, David Lochrin wrote:

>The gadget-ridden world they're trying to inflict on us is a result of a
>value-free corporate world where wisdom & responsibility are out of scope.

Anyone here listen to Radio Lab? Their last two episodes - Breaking News and
Truth Warriors - expose some of this. Breaking News is about video and voice
manipulation, sort of like Hu Parkinson on ABC, only his is better. The idea is
to provide believable avatars to represent public figures.

The main, point with regard to Google, though, is that the research person
developing some of the stuff didn't even understand the question about ethics
and creating falsifiable communications and how dangerous it could be. She
literally didn't. It was mind-boggling.

Jan

I write books. http://janwhitaker.com/?page_id=8

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jw...@janwhitaker.com
Twitter: <https://twitter.com/JL_Whitaker>JL_Whitaker
Blog: www.janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how do you
fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer