On Friday, 2 February 2018 17:28:36 AEDT JanW wrote:
> IView worked straight away in Chrome.

I read somewhere that Chrome has done a deal with Adobe involving Flash, which
is possibly why it works for you using Chrome but is so abysmally slow for me
using the Flash package in my Linux distribution.  Even Adobe have stated that
Flash's days are numbered.

The reason the "plugin" API is to be removed from Firefox (and other packages)
is that HTML5 is seen to do pretty much everything now so plugins are no longer
needed and the support issue will be easier without them.  But it will take
time, and something of an exception has been made for Flash; all other plugins
beginning with Firefox 52.x will have to be interactively authorised each time
they're run.

DavidL.