Sure, and we don't live in a totalitarian country, but it's an animating
narrative du jour.  I don't like a lot of our government, but then, they
were freely elected by some very foolish people.

There's a world of difference between totalitarianism and a shared health
record.  A shared health record is a very good idea in terms of medical
practice, medical science, and economics.  We can't guarantee that it won't
be misused - if fact, you can more-or-less that somewhere at some time it
will be, but I'd want to weigh up damage against the benefits.  Everything
has risks, so ask for good evidence-based risk management.  Demanding zero
risk is well, kinda narcissistic.  Woody did buy the watch, didn't he?

Jim