"To avoid that risk, you might consider pointing out errors and
untruths specifically
and explicitly."

Sure: what are the specific actual harms that have occurred in Australia by
the government knowing too much?  Be specific.  Name a few.  (I won't count
getting done for tax dodging and crime.  Other than that, I have trouble
coming up with anything)

Build an equivalent list of harms caused by the government now knowing
enough, and I think you will find the not-knowing list absolutely swamps
the knowing list.

The harm from the government knowing things like your health record is as
far I can see primarily a ideological harm.  Or, to put it more concretely
a "harm" against a emotionally powerful mythology.  The problem is that
anyone can make up scary stories.  I'm strongly in favor of evidence.
That's my ideology, if you like.  Gather facts, not narratives.  Do the
accounting.

In fact, medicine is replete with examples of information failure.  The
government is right now, subsidising operations, tests, and treatments that
have no good evidence base.  And this is not harm-free: there is a waiting
list for operations with a powerful quality-of-life evidence base like hip
replacements.  I don't have a problem with taxation, I actually want to
live in a high taxation country, but I do want to see taxes used in a
reality-based way.  The forerunner to MyHR in Australia was a system of
centralised shared records set up to to improve aboriginal health in
northern Australia.  Check it out, it is regarded as massively useful.
Sure, linkers are a different demographic - educated, middle-class,
economically successful who generally do better at self-managing health -
but we aren't Australia.

Getting good medical data to validate treatments is hard and expensive.
Countries with good centralised health - eg Scandinavia - produce a steady
stream of useful research that moves medical science and practice along.
There is no reason Australia should not be contributing to global
well-being in this way.  (As I see it, certainly not on the basis of
fluffy, emotionally-reactive libertarian philosophies.)

Cheers
Jim