Jevan writes,

> Why did they intruduce unlimited internet quota (unlimited downloads and
> unlimited
> uploads) then? They could have left it as 50GB/month or whatever they pick,
> but they
> made it unlimited and now they're complaining?

On Monday our unlimited NBN plan provider, MyRepublic Customer Service wrote ...

Hi Stephen,

Upcoming changes to your MyRepublic nbn broadband service

We are making changes to the data allowance (download and upload) that will
apply to your MyRepublic nbn broadband service, which is provided over nbn's
Fixed Wireless technology.

>From 1 August 2019 all MyRepublic services that connect to the nbn network via
>the Fixed Wireless technology will no longer have an Unlimited data inclusion.
>These services will now be subject to a monthly data allowance of 200GB
>download and 60GB upload.

This change is being implemented as a result of a change in product
requirements from our wholesale provider, nbn Co, which is outside our control.

As part of the change to the monthly data allowance we are introducing data
usage notifications so that you can manage your usage accordingly. We will send
you an email alert when your data usage reaches 50%, 85% and 100% of your
monthly data allowance.

Also, as part of the monthly data allowance change, we are moving your monthly
invoice cycle date to the first of the month from 1 August 2019. This is so
that you can more easily manage your data usage based on a calendar month.

Once your data usage reaches 100% of your monthly data allowance your service
will be shaped to 128kbps for both upload and download, and the shaping will be
removed once the new calendar month begins.

Options available to you.

If the introduction of a monthly data allowance means this service no longer
meets your needs, you can cancel your service without penalty by contacting our
Customer Service on Live Chat (https://support.myrepublic.com.au/...).

If no action is taken by you, your service will automatically change to include
the monthly data allowance described above and move to calendar monthly
invoicing on 1 August 2019.

For further information regarding these changes please visit the Frequently
Asked Questions here

(https://support.myrepublic.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/360025595474).

Thank you for being a MyRepublic customer.

The Team at MyRepublic.

Our mailing address is:
PO Box 7081, Alexandria, NSW 2015.

Privacy Policy    Legal