Karl writes,

> ..  believing that hiding the code will somehow protect the
> system is dangerously, foolishly naive. Three words that pretty well
> sum up the Australian Government's when it comes to large-scale IT.
>
>..  I have no faith whatsoever in the Government's ability to do anything
> right when it comes to protecting Australian's privacy or indeed any other
> rights ..

Hahaha, waay too cynical an outlook and not really worth my responding.
However compared to other countries such as China and most technology
and advertising companies such as Google etc, I believe that most Aussies
probably tend to trust our governments basically all have good intentions.
In spite of your beliefs most of us think we Australians are incredibly lucky.
And thus, there’s probably nothing I, or nearly anyone could say in answer
to these opinions Karl. So whatever it’s late and I’m off to a peaceful sleep.

Cheers,
Stephen