Well, I saw it, but did not feel particularly qualified to answer. But I'll
answer anyway now. :)

I thing MDC would probably be a good idea for the common parts in a shared
RO filesystem area. I would not try to cache the minidisks of every guest
in a 1000 guest machine, but if each of those 1000 guests are accessing the
same /usr minidisk  RO, then you'd probably get a nice performance boost if
you turn on MDC for that /usr minidisk.

Jay Brenneman

                      Mark.Pace@ncgicor
                      p.com                    To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      Sent by: Linux on        cc:
                      390 Port                 Subject:  Re: MDCache (test)
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      IST.EDU>

                      02/20/02 08:23 AM
                      Please respond to
                      Linux on 390 Port

I am wondering if I am getting to the list as I did not get a single
response to my mdcache question.  A very unusual occurrence.

>What is the recommendation for the mdcache settings for Linux guest
>minidisks?  Should it be used or not?

Mark D Pace
Senior Systems Engineer
Mainline Information Systems