I attempted to copy(backup/restore) a RH 7.2 system today
using OFFLINDR. (I've done this in the past successfully).

The system is being moved from an older mp3000-a20
to an mp3000 h70. The source system was made up of
4 3390 volumes.
1. dasda1 - /
2. dasdb1 - /usr
3. dasdc1 - swap1
4. dasdd1 - swap2

This is what i did:
On MP3000-A20 system:
1. updated parmfile to point to my new device address
   on the target system.
2. ran zipl
3. updated the ipaddr in ifcfg-eth0
4. updated /etc/fstab to remove swap filesystems
   (because I did not copy those 2 3390s to the tgt system)
5. Issued command swapoff -a
6. updated /etc/chandev to change the lcs0 addrs
7. shutdown the system
8. backed up the system using offlindr ** see note below

1. On mp3000 h70 OFFLINDR restored the 2 3390 volumes
2. IPL'd new target
3. Received NO CONSOLE MSGS, BUT NOTICED THAT THE SYSTEM
   DID "IPL COMPLETE" and the CPU showed activity.

** NOTE: The source RH 7.2 system had two SWAP FILESYSTEMs
         on two other 3390s...and I did  NOT copy those
         to the target system.  Instead I updated fstab
         to not mount the swap filesystems.

ANY IDEAS???
TIA
Dave