From: Eric Bielefeld [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 9:09 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: so correct me if I am wrong

I've been debating with myself whether I want to get a package, or download a package.
 This and other comments lead me to believe I'm better off staying away from SuSE.  I
had a discussion with my boss a few days ago about the cost of Linux.  If you get VM,
which I can see a real value in, that's $45K.  Then, if you pay 10K or so for support
every year, the free Linux isn't so cheap.  Granted, that's a lot less than we spend
for z/OS and all its related products, but for free software, there is still a
substantial cost..

Is it easy to get RedHat support without buying support?

Eric Bielefeld
Sr. MVS Systems Programmer
P&H Mining Equipment
Milwaukee, WI