On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Post, Mark K wrote:

> In this case, staying current=maintenance=support=$
>
> They can make their money selling code also, it's just harder because it is
> freely redistributable.

Is it freely-redistributable?

Let's look at the updates to the current distro in both RH and SuSE:

Can I download the updates from the internet? Sources as well (srpms, for
both RH and suse). This would make my life a lot easier.

And suppose I have aquired the right to download updates packages in a
support contract from RH/suse:  do I get the source? (so I can rebuild the
package later and adapt build options)

And am I allowed to redistribute those packages?

And am I allowed to make my own modified distro based on any of those
distros and sell it?

--
Tzafrir Cohen
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]