On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:37:36 -0500
Adam Thornton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And an ia32 process isn't going to run on a zArch processor or vice
> versa.  I'm pretty sure OpenMosix requires homogeneous processors in its
> resource blob.

Hmm, I see.
Well, I don't know what you mean by "homogeneous". If you're referring to architecture
then I think you're right, but the FAQ on the site says that you can have a mix of
different capacity IA-32 processors.

Well, and do you see major obstacles to porting openMosix to z/Linux?

> Anyone else remember Amoeba?  OK, anyone else *other* than Dr. Boyes.
> Let's not always see the same hands here.

I did read about it, a long time ago. But that looks rethorical :) Do you have a story
to tell? :)

> Of course, by the time you go that route, you may as well just do a Grid
> and be done with it.

You're probably right.

-- jmc
ps. I'll be out of office tomorrow, but I'll follow the discussion on friday.