I exported my largest 123 for OS/2 spreadsheet as an XLS format, for import into OO.
Some of it survived. The charts did not....

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Elliott [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 9:36 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Linux ready for the desktop: IBM

> I agree, but there is SmartSuite with, AFAIK, IBM has no intention
> of porting to Linux. I don't know how many users there are outside
> IBM, but I'd guess the market for SS on Linux is pretty miniscule
> now. Back in the late 90s I might have bought it (but then, given
> how well it ran on OS/2 maybe not), but now OOo does what I need,
> and it's cheaper even than the OEM version of SS for Windows I have.

John:

The preferred solution for SmartSuite is to provide import/export
filters for SS filetypes (.prz, .lwp, .wks, etc.) for OpenOffice. This
is being worked on in IBM (and no, I don't know when these will be
available). I would rather use an office suite which is actively being
developed (i.e. OpenOffice) than one (i.e. SmartSuite) which is not.

Jim