That's exactly what we saw.  You shouldn't have to do anything.

Most likely a physical volume is missing from the inactive VG.  If you can get all
volumes properly online, the next time the system boots, it should be back to normal.

Another possibility is that one physical volume in the VG has been stepped on, and the
signature is no longer valid.  Try running pvscan to see if they all look reasonable.