Try this.. this one works on whatever flavour of z/VM you want:

'VMFCLEAR'               Clears the screen for legibility.

'CLOSE 00C'                Close all open files in the reader - for purging.

'PUR RDR ALL'              Empties (purges) the VM reader.
'CP SP PUN * RDR'          Moves the contents of the punch to the reader.
'PU SLES8 IMAGE  A (NOH'   Moves the LINUX boot file to the reader.
'PU SLES8 PARM   A (NOH'   Moves the LINUX parameters file to the reader.
'PU SLES8 INITRD A (NOH'   Moves the initial RAMdisk file (initial root
FS)to the reader.
'CH RDR ALL KEEP NOH'      Non-deletion of reader contents after process
completion.
'CP IPL 00C CL'            Sends the reader an Initial Program Load (IPL)
command

Regards/Cordialement/Gruss/Saludos

John Cassidy Dipl.-Ing (Informatique)

S390 & zSeries Systems Engineering

Schleswigstr. 7

D-51065 Cologne

EU

Tel: +49  (0) 221 61 60 777 . GSM: +49  (0) 177 799 58 56

E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

HTTP : www.jdcassidy.net