Should I be letting Linux instances, under z/VM, utilize Cylinder 0?
Currently I allocate Cylinder 0 to $ALLOC$ and the rest of the volume to the
Linux image.
I CPFMTXA cylinder 0 in VM and give it a VOLSER. Then, I access the devices
under Linux and dasdfmt them, and partition them using fdasd.

Until I get FCP and an ESS setup to allocate larger volumes, I will be using
LVM for the larger file systems. I am planning to take full volumes of
3390-3 DASD and create Logical volume groups from them. I can split the
devices between 4 FICON channels and 2 Controllers.

Any recommendations?

TIA,    \|/
       (. .)
Larry Davis, 6-2380