I do not think you should let anything other than VM itself use cyl 0.  As
this is where VM keeps Vol id, disk map info, etc.  $ALLOC$ is what is
some times called a place holder.  The userid $ALLOC$ doesn't actually do
anything with it other than mark it or inform others that this cylinder is
occupied.  I also set up a $EOV$ on each volume on the last cylinder to
help with keeping track of gaps that DISKMAP will show.
Steve Gentry

"Davis, Larry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
03/17/2004 11:50 AM
Please respond to Linux on 390 Port