Could it be that ${aShellFile} contains the name of a shell script?  You usually can't
exec a shell script directly.

-----Original Message-----
From: Davis, Larry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 4:28 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: FW: Using ant on Redhat/S390

Sent from VMESA List

-----Original Message-----
From: Hahne, Ronald
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 21:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Using ant on Redhat/S390

Any one using ant on above referenced platform having trouble with ant task:
<exec executable="${aShellFile}"/>

When ever I execute ant with this task I get the following error msg from
ant:
     [exec] Warning: UNIXProcess.forkAndExec native error: Exec format error
     [exec] Result: 255

Does any one have any ideas about this?

Thank you in advance,
Ron Hahne