Hi,

I'd like to make a clon of z/VM server for some other new linux systems.
But I'm using DIRMAINT and RACF on z/VM now, so it's a little difficult.
Without DIRMAINT/RACF, I've made some clon of z/VM server. With DIRMAINT,
how can I do this cloning?

First of all, I made DDR dump of 430RES, 430W01, 430SMF.
And IPL this VM under the second level VM with only 3 vols.
And Changed SYSTEM CONFIG file with new volume name like S43RES, S43W01, S43SMF.

If it has no DIRMAINT, I would change USER DIRECT file with new vols name and
issue DIRECTXA command. and using CPFMTXA command I change VOLS physical
NAME.

But I don't know about DIRMAINT case. Please let me know if you have any
idea. Thanks.

Best regards,
Jae-hwa
--
Jae-hwa Park <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
THE CHALLENGES, that's why I choose LINUX!!!