Von: SCHWEDE, FRANK
Gesendet: Freitag, 16. Juli 2004 16:22
An: 'Linux on 390 Port'
Betreff: AW: Performance of large file systems

I am sorry, I dont want to get that wrong:

You are really using PAV since 4 years?
You are able to access ONE Dasd parallel over multiple different escon channels at the
same time?

What I/O did you measure?
We get 6-9 MB/sec with "normal" access, until 30-40 MB/s over 8 Channels and 8 Stripes
in an LVM with 8 DASDs...

Do you really have more than 10 MB/sec when accessing ONE seperate Dasd?

regards