Owning and controlling a Business Unit in such a big corporation is
sometimes mutually exclusive.

Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of James
Melin
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2004 09:50 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Backup of Virtual Linuxes [WAS: Re: Red Hat AS 3.0]

So let me understand this correctly.... Tivoli=IBM - didn't IBM buy the
Tivoli mark, kinda like they did with Lotus?  VM=IBM. IBM makes the
Virtualization software we all come to depend on to make the linux equation
work. So what we have here is IBM saying they will not update their own
software to run on their own software. This makes about as much sense as
Microsoft deciding not to put the next version of IE out for XP, when the
operating system after XP is not out the door.

             "O'Brien, Dennis
             L"
             <Dennis.L.O'Brien                                          To
             @bankofamerica.co         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             m>                                                         cc
             Sent by: Linux on
             390 Port                                              Subject
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         Re: Backup of Virtual Linuxes [WAS:
             IST.EDU>                  Re: Red Hat AS 3.0]

             07/29/2004 07:21
             PM

             Please respond to
             Linux on 390 Port
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 IST.EDU>

Okay, I should have added "current" to my list.  TSM on VM isn't, and Tivoli
has made it clear that it never will be.  I'm not interested in a product if
the product's vendor isn't interested in it.

                                                       Dennis O'Brien
                                                       Bank of America

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall"!  -- Ronald Reagan, 12 Jun 1987