I am trying to install SLES9 from directories on a Windows machine that is part of a
Windows domain. The first part of the install proceeds without problems up until it's
time to select packages to install in yast. At that point I'm getting the message:
"Cannot read package data from installation media. Media error?"

The directory structure was created using the install.bat file provided on CD1 and the
shares were done as per the instructions in the release notes. I would assume that
this couldn't be a networking issue since the 1st part of the install (including

I've reported this to SuSE, but they don't seem to be able to reproduce the problem.
Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, how did you get around it?

Mark Gillis.