Thanks Mike,

What about migrating existing machine accounts to LDAP.  Is there a
script of some sort that will make life easier so I don't have to make
the machines rejoin the domain?  I have the old samba SID so I can
change the new Samba server's SID to this.

Should I just go ahead and create an ldif file of current users, groups
and machine accounts and plug them in that way?

Darren